RIIWHS205D Control traffic with stop-slow bat – RENEWAL
The Traffic Controller training course is aimed at those wishing to become an accredited Traffic Controller on Queensland roads. It has been designed by the Queensland’s Department of Transport and Main Roads (DTMR) to provide mandatory accreditation under the Traffic Controller Accreditation Scheme.
The course consists of two parts:
- Face to face classroom theory training: (Approx. 8 hours)
The course covers:
- Pre-requisites for Traffic Controller accreditation
- Legal Power to control traffic
- Traffic Controller Responsibilities
- Traffic Controller signage and signals
- Vehicle Braking and Stopping Distances
- Selecting a Traffic Control Position
- Traffic Control Operations
- Procedures for Two Way and Multi-Lane Roads
- Changing Conditions
- Incident Reports
- Emergency Vehicles
There will be a simulated practical component in this theory course.
- Onsite industry vocational placement: (20 hours)
We make it easy! We will secure an industry placement for you (unless you have a preferred industry provider organised) to facilitate your minimum 20 hours practical on-the-job experience. You will be under the direct supervision of an experienced Traffic Controller and you will also be required to complete a logbook.
On the successful completion of these two course stages, participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment and a Main Roads Accreditation Application form. Both of these documents MUST be taken to Main Roads when applying for your accreditation.
Traffic Controller Accreditation
Full day theory training – Course starts at 8:00am
9-11 Ayrshire Road, Kulangoor Qld, Australia
To enrol click on the link below